We share your dream to improve the quality of life in Cochrane and area. All aspects of the charitable community are supported through our grant programs.
Click below to learn more about our current grant opportunities ↓
Community Capital Grants
Available for 2021
Community Capital Grants help non-profit organizations in Cochrane and Area with capital projects that aim to improve the quality of life in our community. We support all aspects of community well-being including support for:
Arts, Culture and Heritage
Environment and Sustainability
Sports and Recreation
Seniors and Children
Health and Wellness
Diversity and Inclusivity
Frequently Asked Questions
- Grants are for one-time capital expenditures, not operating costs (i.e. salaries, admin).
- Grants are restricted to non-profit organizations and projects that benefit the residents of Cochrane and surrounding area.
- We prefer projects that show support from other funding sources and collaboration.
- We prefer projects that benefit the greatest community need.
- We do not fund total project costs.
- Funding is not available for deficit financing.
- Typically we don’t fund more than $5000 per project and on average about $1500.
- Schools are ineligible for funding. However projects that are managed by a local organization, with a school as a participant or benefactor, would be considered.
- For-profit groups and individuals are ineligible for support.
You must submit online a completed application form with authorized signature. It is not a saved document, so you must complete at one sitting. Save your own copy for backup before pressing submit. Attach where possible:
- Most recent organizational financial statements
- List of your Board of Directors
- Project Budget including sources of revenue, and what items these requested funds will support
- Quotes for budget items
- Any pertinent project info (i.e. permits if construction project, photos etc.) but keep files short and small
- Funds received will be used only for the purpose(s) as indicated in the application.
- Funds will be expended within one year of the date received. If not spent, funds shall be returned to the Cochrane Foundation within one year of the date grant received.
- Your financial need must continue to exist and other funding for the same project cannot have been pledged or received.
- Your organization must send us a brief project report, together with receipts for expenditures, Within a year of grant expenditure date.
- Your organization will recognize the Cochrane Foundation in associated media (print, signage and/or digital) where possible. Please email us for our logo.